28 September 2011

Weekly Commission meeting

I have just come back from the weekly meeting of the European Commission. Tomorrow is my State of the European Union address, and I have discussed with the College some final issues (you remember we had already brainstormed at the Commission seminar in late August). This speech will not just reflect my own ideas about the future of the Union, but it is meant to reflect our common vision and confidence that the European Union will come out of this crisis stronger than it went into it. In the discussion my colleagues asked that tomorrow's speech should be a proactive transmitting new determination to Europe, its leaders and citizens. I could assure my colleagues that indeed my speech will be proactive and filled with the conviction of a better and stronger Europe that will overcome the crisis. Listen in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment