10 February 2012

In New Delhi

Together with Hermann von Rompuy, I am in New Delhi for the 12th EU-India summit (and I am glad it is much warmer here than in Brussels with almost 20°C and sunshine during the day). We have met with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to discuss, most importantly, the future free trade agreement between the EU and India. We have managed to deal with most of the issues until now and I expect that we can reach a deal until autumn. This will be a very important step as we are crucial business partners: The EU exported 35 bln € in goods to India in 2010 and almost 10 bln € in services and we important goods and services at similar amounts. We will stay some more days here in India and if I find the time I will keep you informed here on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment