23 February 2012

Speaking at the EESC

Yesterday, I was speaking at the European Economic and Social Committee, an institution with an important role, not just in Brussels but thanks to its wide membership from business, trade unions and the wider civil society in all sections of economic and social life across Europe. My team has pointed me to Mr Martin Westlake who has blogged about my intervention (his article) and the signing of a new agreement between our two institutions (article). I can say I have nothing to add but to say that I really felt good yesterday and it was a great pleasure to be at the EESC. I think you could see that when you saw me speaking, I felt much more relaxed than during the last days, and so I indeed stayed beyond schedule, as Mr Westlake points out.

No comments:

Post a Comment