01 February 2012

Commissioners on Twitter and Commission seminar

The French newspaper "Liberation" today wrote about the rising number of EU Commissioners on Twitter, I was made aware of by my spokespersons. This is the policy we have discussed at the Commission seminar in August after which I had started to write this blog. I am glad that parts of the College feel good in social media, and I can also say to you that I feel more comfortable today writing on this blog. We have discussed this yesterday and today during another Commission seminar in what Cecilia Malmström called a quite cold meeting room on Twitter. We feel the Commission is moving closer to citizens with these efforts: What do you think?

BTW: This is me chairing the Commission seminar (© European Union)

No comments:

Post a Comment